Registration is now open for the 8th Techniques for Success (TFS) conference, scheduled for Saturday, November 12, 2016, 8 am - 4 pm, at the Gaithersburg Holiday Inn, Gaithersburg, MD. TFS offers practical strategies for educating students with Down syndrome and those with other special needs. The conference is sponsored jointly by the Down Syndrome Network of Montgomery County (DSNMC) and the Family Resource, Information & Education Network for Down Syndrome (F.R.I.E.N.D.S.) of Frederick County.
The full-day conference will be open to educators and parents, with speakers and topics relevant to both groups. There will also be breakout sessions so that we can offer more topics and more opportunities for questions and discussion.
Speaker and program highlights for 2016 include:
- How to Support Your Child's Academic Inclusion- Madison Essig
- Supporting Inclusion through Universal Design for Learning (UDL) - Lisa Carey
- Advocate Your Way to a Successful IEP - Nicolette Stearns and Adrian Forsythe
- Dialogic Reading - Suzanne A. Djidjoli
- Positive Behavior Strategies in the Classroom - Dr. Dan Shapiro
- A Self-Advocate Perspective - Madison Essig
- A Parent Perspective - Paul Daugherty
- Increasing Narrative Language Production - Dr. Lisa Schoenbrodt
- Please see the TFS website for details and registration:
The registration deadline is October 28, 2016.
The conference fee is only $25 for the full day including:
- An opportunity to learn from national and local education experts.
- An electronic copy of speaker presentations and materials.
- Continental breakfast, lunch, and snacks.
- Significant discount on books from Woodbine House.
- Continuing ed credit for some teachers and therapists (see website for details.
- There will also be exhibitors with resources for educators and parents.