You can be the difference.
Your gift of just $31 will provide education and resources to thousands of families with Down syndrome living in the Baltimore metropolitan area.
Chesapeake Down Syndrome Parent Group is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that provides education, support and advocacy programming for people with Down syndrome and their families
living in the Baltimore metropolitan area.
Your donation provides resources and support to more than 2,200 individuals with Down syndrome and their families living in and around Baltimore.
Where Your Support Goes
- Educational programs: useful seminars for families and scholarships for families to attend relevant third-party conferences and seminars.
- Medical Outreach: ensures that all families with a Down syndrome diagnosis receive up-to-date, accurate information and support. Volunteers distribute information and give presentations to genetic counselors and doctors at hospitals around our area.
- First Call program provides support, resources and counseling to new parents of babies with Down syndrome.
- Welcome Gifts Program, which consists of books and other sources of information for new parents as well as gifts for the new baby and family.
- Financial Support for families with Down syndrome and a cancer diagnosis
- Scholarships to the National Down Syndrome Congress and Down Syndrome Affiliates in Action annual conferences
- Gifting Program: providing grants to local organizations that support individuals with Down syndrome and their families
- Parent Support and Outreach: regular support activities and events for parents of children with Down syndrome
- A Tween Club: regular activities for children with Down syndrome who are ages 10-14.
- Young Buddies Club: a playgroup that helps families with young children regularly connect to each other.
- Big Buddies Club, a play and social group for kids with DS who are ages 5-9.
- Adult Programming, a dance and book club.